The DLF Group is the world’s leading company in breeding, production, marketing and sales of grass, clover and alfalfa seeds for both the turf and forage market.
To strengthen our position as world leader, DLF invests continuously in the development of new varieties and applications of our products in the market. Through these innovations and with a strong focus on quality and reliability, DLF adds true value to the business of our customers.
DLF owns an extended global network of R&D stations. In the Netherlands, the breeding activities are located in Moerstraten. To strengthen this local R&D Team, we are seeking for a creative
- You are responsible for the creation of new competitive Perennial ryegrass varieties for the forage segment in Europe.
- You set up and execute a long term breeding program
- You collaborate with a team of experienced assistant breeders and fieldworkers and you report to the Head of Forage Research Europe, also located in Moerstraten You collaborate with a network of breeders and research teams in Europe (breeding, trials, R&D) and interact closely with other departments (Commerce, Production).
- You set up and participate in projects aiming at improving the efficiency of the breeding process
- You take part in meetings with colleagues both domestic and abroad as well as external relations, regarding all matters of your profession.
- A Master’s degree in plant breeding
- Significant professional experience (more than two years) as a breeder, pre-breeder or assistant breeder in a commercial breeding company or Research Institute
- Practical breeder, motivated by both outdoor activities (observations) and indoor activities
- Proactive, innovative and creative mind.
- Good communication skills, able to cooperate with a diversity of profiles.
- Team player with hands-on mentality
- International orientation, proficient in English
- Good organizational skills and result oriented, focus on meeting deadlines.
- A challenging and versatile job, with great opportunities for professional and personal growth in an ambitious company which is developing continuously.
- A very favourable environment to practice and improve breeding skills inside a team of experienced breeders, assistants and fieldworkers.
- Responsibility for the development of innovative products for the global market.
- International traveling and close interaction with various stakeholders in our business.
- A competitive salary and compensation & benefits package.
For more information, please contact Mathieu Wident, Head of Forage Research Europe, +31-651183017. You can send your letter of application and CV by mail to Jack Boes, Manager Human Resources: email@example.com.