The DLF Group is the world’s leading company in breeding, production, marketing and sales of grass, clover and alfalfa seeds for both the turf and forage market. To strengthen our position as world leader, DLF invests continuously in the development of new varieties and applications of our products in the market. Through these innovations and with a strong focus on quality and reliability, DLF adds true value to the business of our customers.
Seed coated products proved to add value to our business and to our customers. In the recent years DLF launched various successful coated products in the market. The development and production of coated seeds is centralized at our subsidiary in the Netherlands (Kapelle). To strengthen our team we are seeking for an ambitious:
Based on promising business opportunities you develop and implement specific coating techniques which can be applied efficiently in our production process.
- Investigate new coating ingredients both internally in the DLF Group as well from external parties.
- To improve the quality of our seeds in general, you conduct specific research in the total chain of seed production (including seed treatment and seed storage) from field production to shipping the end product to our customers. Based on the outcome of your investigations you develop measures for improvement.
- To improve the quality and efficiency of our seed laboratories, you investigate and develop new research techniques.
- You will be involved to find solutions for specific seed quality issues (trouble shooter) that occur at DLF or at our customers.
- You support sales and marketing on corporate level in a broad sense on subjects related to your field of expertise. In this regard you give presentations on regular base to your commercial colleagues or to customers.
- You represent DLF in projects with other technology suppliers.
In this position you report to the Managing Director of DLF BV. You have a functional relation with the Head of Corporate Product management of DLF Group and Head of Quality Management of DLF Group.
A Master’s degree in biology or agronomy or similar with relevant specialisation in plant biology, seed technology, physiology, genetics and statistics.
- Strong experience and a proven track record in a similar position in the seed industry.
- Proactive, innovative and creative mind with a strong focus on utilizing business opportunities.
- Good organisational skills and result oriented, focus on meeting deadlines.
- Team player with a hands-on mentality
- Convincing personality with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent in English both in writing and speech
- Willingness to travel.
A challenging and versatile job, with great opportunities for professional and personal growth in an ambitious company which is developing continuously.
- Responsibility for the development of innovative products for the global market.
- International traveling and close interaction with various stakeholders in our business.
- A competitive salary and compensation & benefits package.
For more information please contact Peter de Bruijn, Managing Director DLF BV, +31 113 347698. You can send your letter of application and CV by mail to Jack Boes, Manager Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.